FREEDOM PRODUCTION TIME LINE
Pre-Production (4 Weeks)
* Set up production offices and accounting department.
* Final casting, cast rehearsals, and fittings.
* Inform major and mini-major distributors of production status and establish tracking procedures.
* Hire complete production team and crew.
* Complete all production design planning.
* Adjust and finalize production schedule and budget.
* Book all equipment according to schedule.
* Complete location scouting, contracting, and permitting.
* Engage music licensing and pre-recording.
* Book all travel and arrangements according to schedule and agreements.
Principal Photography (4 Weeks)
* Engage in all activities involving picture and field sound acquisition on a twenty-day shooting schedule.
* Schedule and execute any needed pickup shots and/or reshoots.
* Wrap all outstanding business issues and ensure documentation is complete.
* Finalize, document, and back up all creative assets for post-production.
* Finalize all accounting for audit.
Development (Currently Underway)
* Fully develop the shooting script
* Complete preliminary shooting schedule
* Complete preliminary budget
* Secure preliminary talent commitments
* Secure project funding
Post-Production (10 weeks)
* Complete editorial of film
* Engage music scoring and record score
* Engage sound design including all Foley and looping activities
* Complete all digital effects and color correction
* Schedule and execute test screenings and collect data appropriately
* Make adjustments to final edit based on test screening data
* Mix and master final sound and picture for Dolby mix and/or THX Digital Master
* Complete all deliverables for domestic and foreign release including sound, music, trailer, print
* (film and digital), DVD, publicity, and legal requirements
Marketing and Distribution (Varies)
* Fully engage in all market-focused film festivals
* Schedule screening for distributors in Los Angeles
* Schedule screenings for leadership of special interest groups
* Contingent on mini-major or new media distributor interest, engage self-distribution plan (See Marketing and Release Strategies)